- All entries must be submitted at www.duluxtradepaintexpert.co.uk website
- by a teacher at an eligible school
- within the stated time period: 23.59 25th April - 23.59 16th June 2017l
- state entry as being either for the Primary or the Secondary school categories
- include a maximum 1800 character response to "What space would they like to
improve through the use of colour and why". Hints and Tips on what to include in
your Competition Entry can be found on the website.
- And you may, optionally, include up to 4 uploaded photographs showing the
proposed 'space' before redecoration (The images will not be directly judged but may
be useful in support of bringing your application to life)
- include proof of agreement from the school Head Teacher to participate
- If applicable, include proof of parental consent for the inclusion of images of pupils in
any uploaded photos submitted with your entry
- Grand Prize: One grand prize will be awarded in each school category, 1 x Primary school; 1 x Secondary school.
- Each prize consists of a colour and design consultation with a Dulux expert,
Dulux Trade decorative coatings for the decoration project and a selected painting
contractors time and expenses to a total maximum value of £10,000 (inc VAT). (This
should be sufficient to redecorate approximately three classrooms and two
communal spaces e.g. hallways, foyers, entrance halls etc.) It does not include
furnishing, flooring or fixtures, which if required will need to be funded separately by
the winning school.
- Although the actual transformation should be inspired by the ideas in the original
submission, reasonable variation from the submission will be acceptable, based on
the outcome of a site visit, conversations with the winning school and the design
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent in
- Exact dates for the completion of the transformation will be subject to mutual
agreement between us and the winning schools, but is likely to take place either in
the October half term 2017 or the Christmas holidays 2017.
- Second Prizes: The 10 non-winning finalists will each receive £200 of Dulux
Decorator Centre Vouchers.
- Early Bird Prize: The first 50 entrants received will be sent a cuddly Dulux dog
toy. Please allow 28 days from the closing date for delivery of physical prizes.
- The Competition will be run in three stages:
- 19th June 2017: Preliminary judging - all valid entries will be considered by an
independent panel who will select the best 6 entries in each of the Primary and
Secondary School categories to be finalists.
- Shortlisted schools will be contacted to confirm their agreement to proceed to the
next stage of the competition within 3 days of the preliminary judging being
completed. They will have 3 working days to confirm their agreement to participate in
the next stage. If we have not received confirmed agreement within the 3 working
days we reserve the right to add an alternate school to the next stage of the
- From 3rd July - 8th September 2017: those 12 shortlisted entries will be showcased
on www.schoolofdreams.co.uk and open to a public vote; only one vote person, per
school category is permitted.
- 11th - 13th September 2017: The 3 top voted schools, Primary and Secondary, will
then be reviewed by an expert panel of judges, including Matthew Burton to select
the 2 final winners, one Primary, one Secondary. They will be looking for entries that:
- Are likely to make the biggest difference to the school environment or have a
transformational impact on behaviour / teaching
- Demonstrate great vision or imagination
- Link to the Smarter Spaces Design principles
- 14th September 2017: Winning schools will be announced via social media and on
the Dulux Smarter Spaces website
- If at any stage in the Competition a school is disqualified from the Competition or
they cannot be contacted after reasonable efforts have been made by Dulux, they
will forego the right to progress to the next stage or claim the prize.
- We reserve the right to use all content submitted at our discretion for publicity
- Short-listed and winning schools will be required to participate in reasonable
publicity including, but not limited to:
- Inclusion in media stories targeting national, regional and trade media
- Inclusion in Smarter Spaces' social media campaign
- Photo-call at winning school to photograph the transformation and the finished result
- Attendance of a school representative at a Round Table event (to be held when the
winner is announced on September 14 th 2017 at one of the winning schools. Travel
costs will be provided for representative from the other winning school.)
- We undertake to use reasonable efforts to maintain adequate e-mail, internet
and other communication links but is not otherwise responsible for and shall not be
liable for late, lost, incomplete or unintelligible entries; problems arising from users'
electronic devices; undelivered notifications; other user errors.
- Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No
responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be
accepted as proof of receipt.
- If your entry is disqualified, Dulux is under no obligation to publish this fact on the
Dulux Smarter Spaces website or anywhere else.
- We will seek to undertake the completion of the transformation in the winning
schools with appropriate skill and care, however we cannot be held responsible for
any actions or omissions outside of our reasonable control or expectations.
- All data submitted by schools and / or individuals shall be the purpose of the
available at www.duluxtradepaintexpert.co.uk/privacy
- In addition, if we have your consent, entering schools agree to be contacted by
the Smarter Spaces sales team with regard to their planned project(s).
The promoter is: AkzoNobel UK, Wexham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 5DS